Light snow makes for slippery morning commute
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There might not be a lot of accumulation, but light snow across the Tri-State Area Tuesday morning is making for a treacherous morning commute.
It's nuisance snow, which started falling late Monday night and is expected to continue through most of the morning.
Crews were out salting the roads and highways ahead of the minor storm in an effort to prevent any accidents that could stall traffic or, worse, cost lives.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing, and commuters are urged to drive cautiously and use mass transit if possible. Allow extra time to get to work, and remember to brush the snow off your vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, long island, connecticut, westchester county, snow, accuweather
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 59 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 57 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
59 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
57 min ago