Light snow makes for slippery morning commute
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There might not be a lot of accumulation, but light snow across the Tri-State Area Tuesday morning is making for a treacherous morning commute.
It's nuisance snow, which started falling late Monday night and is expected to continue through most of the morning.
Crews were out salting the roads and highways ahead of the minor storm in an effort to prevent any accidents that could stall traffic or, worse, cost lives.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing, and commuters are urged to drive cautiously and use mass transit if possible. Allow extra time to get to work, and remember to brush the snow off your vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, long island, connecticut, westchester county, snow, accuweather
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green