Light snow makes for slippery morning commute
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There might not be a lot of accumulation, but light snow across the Tri-State Area Tuesday morning is making for a treacherous morning commute.
It's nuisance snow, which started falling late Monday night and is expected to continue through most of the morning.
Crews were out salting the roads and highways ahead of the minor storm in an effort to prevent any accidents that could stall traffic or, worse, cost lives.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing, and commuters are urged to drive cautiously and use mass transit if possible. Allow extra time to get to work, and remember to brush the snow off your vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, long island, connecticut, westchester county, snow, accuweather
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 32 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos