Light snow makes for slippery morning commute
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There might not be a lot of accumulation, but light snow across the Tri-State Area Tuesday morning is making for a treacherous morning commute.
It's nuisance snow, which started falling late Monday night and is expected to continue through most of the morning.
Crews were out salting the roads and highways ahead of the minor storm in an effort to prevent any accidents that could stall traffic or, worse, cost lives.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing, and commuters are urged to drive cautiously and use mass transit if possible. Allow extra time to get to work, and remember to brush the snow off your vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, long island, connecticut, westchester county, snow, accuweather
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 44 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 58 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 35 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos