ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices down 5 cents along New Jersey toll roads
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas went down five cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.29 instead of $3.34.
Still, the highways offer some of the cheapest gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, garden state parkway, new jersey turnpike, abc7 traffic center
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 36 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams