ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices down 6 cents along New Jersey toll roads
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas went down six cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.34 instead of $3.40.
Still, the highways offer some of the cheapest gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, garden state parkway, new jersey turnpike, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced 46 min ago
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 34 min ago
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 51 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 59 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos