ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR begins non-stop Hamptons service from Penn Station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Getting out to eastern Long Island from Manhattan is now a whole lot easier.
The Long Island Rail Road is now running express trains from Penn Station to the Hamptons.
The new route, called the Cannonball train, began this Memorial Day weekend.
It used to originate in Queens and now won't even stop there, saving a lot of time in the process on the way to the Westhampton Beach station en route to Montauk.
The Friday afternoon train will get you from concrete to sand in a little more than an hour and a half.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 23 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 21 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
10 min ago