ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR begins non-stop Hamptons service from Penn Station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Getting out to eastern Long Island from Manhattan is now a whole lot easier.
The Long Island Rail Road is now running express trains from Penn Station to the Hamptons.
The new route, called the Cannonball train, began this Memorial Day weekend.
It used to originate in Queens and now won't even stop there, saving a lot of time in the process on the way to the Westhampton Beach station en route to Montauk.
The Friday afternoon train will get you from concrete to sand in a little more than an hour and a half.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 56 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 57 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
24 min ago