ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR begins non-stop Hamptons service from Penn Station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Getting out to eastern Long Island from Manhattan is now a whole lot easier.
The Long Island Rail Road is now running express trains from Penn Station to the Hamptons.
The new route, called the Cannonball train, began this Memorial Day weekend.
It used to originate in Queens and now won't even stop there, saving a lot of time in the process on the way to the Westhampton Beach station en route to Montauk.
The Friday afternoon train will get you from concrete to sand in a little more than an hour and a half.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen