ABC7 Traffic Center
Times Square once again New York City's busiest subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has released new data on subway ridership, and Times Square still holds the crown as the busiest subway station in New York City.
That's followed by Grand Central, Herald Square and Union Square, with Penn Station rounding out the top five.
The MTA says the station with the biggest yearly increase in ridership is Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue in Queens.
Thanks to the new casino there, ridership jumped more than 87 percent.
The station with the biggest drop in riders was City Hall, which is down 20 percent.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 10 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 32 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos