ABC7 Traffic Center
Times Square once again New York City's busiest subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has released new data on subway ridership, and Times Square still holds the crown as the busiest subway station in New York City.
That's followed by Grand Central, Herald Square and Union Square, with Penn Station rounding out the top five.
The MTA says the station with the biggest yearly increase in ridership is Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue in Queens.
Thanks to the new casino there, ridership jumped more than 87 percent.
The station with the biggest drop in riders was City Hall, which is down 20 percent.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 54 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 56 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
54 min ago