ABC7 Traffic Center
Times Square once again New York City's busiest subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has released new data on subway ridership, and Times Square still holds the crown as the busiest subway station in New York City.
That's followed by Grand Central, Herald Square and Union Square, with Penn Station rounding out the top five.
The MTA says the station with the biggest yearly increase in ridership is Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue in Queens.
Thanks to the new casino there, ridership jumped more than 87 percent.
The station with the biggest drop in riders was City Hall, which is down 20 percent.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos