ABC7 Traffic Center
Times Square once again New York City's busiest subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has released new data on subway ridership, and Times Square still holds the crown as the busiest subway station in New York City.
That's followed by Grand Central, Herald Square and Union Square, with Penn Station rounding out the top five.
The MTA says the station with the biggest yearly increase in ridership is Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue in Queens.
Thanks to the new casino there, ridership jumped more than 87 percent.
The station with the biggest drop in riders was City Hall, which is down 20 percent.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 6 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 4 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
13 min ago