ABC7 Traffic Center
Times Square once again New York City's busiest subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has released new data on subway ridership, and Times Square still holds the crown as the busiest subway station in New York City.
That's followed by Grand Central, Herald Square and Union Square, with Penn Station rounding out the top five.
The MTA says the station with the biggest yearly increase in ridership is Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue in Queens.
Thanks to the new casino there, ridership jumped more than 87 percent.
The station with the biggest drop in riders was City Hall, which is down 20 percent.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
56 min ago