ABC7 Traffic Center
Smith Street subway station to reopen in late April
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two Brooklyn neighborhoods will have to wait another month before they get their subway station back.
The Smith and 9th Street station that services Red Hook and Carroll Gardens has been closed since June and was supposed to re-open this month.
But now, officials say the F and G trains won't start making regular stops until late April.
The reconstruction work included rehabilitated stairs and platforms and new lighting.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 29 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 42 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
24 min ago