ABC7 Traffic Center
Smith Street subway station to reopen in late April
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two Brooklyn neighborhoods will have to wait another month before they get their subway station back.
The Smith and 9th Street station that services Red Hook and Carroll Gardens has been closed since June and was supposed to re-open this month.
But now, officials say the F and G trains won't start making regular stops until late April.
The reconstruction work included rehabilitated stairs and platforms and new lighting.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 52 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn 59 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- Local dignitaries react to the passing of...
51 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
42 min ago
- New Yorkers share thoughts on Nelson...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos