ABC7 Traffic Center
Smith Street subway station to reopen in late April
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two Brooklyn neighborhoods will have to wait another month before they get their subway station back.
The Smith and 9th Street station that services Red Hook and Carroll Gardens has been closed since June and was supposed to re-open this month.
But now, officials say the F and G trains won't start making regular stops until late April.
The reconstruction work included rehabilitated stairs and platforms and new lighting.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos