ABC7 Traffic Center
Smith Street subway station to reopen in late April
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two Brooklyn neighborhoods will have to wait another month before they get their subway station back.
The Smith and 9th Street station that services Red Hook and Carroll Gardens has been closed since June and was supposed to re-open this month.
But now, officials say the F and G trains won't start making regular stops until late April.
The reconstruction work included rehabilitated stairs and platforms and new lighting.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
14 min ago