ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices continue to drop
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists continue to see lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.52, down 4 cents from last week.
That's also lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.63.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by a penny to $3.70. That's also lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.82.
Analysts say the falling prices are due to lower crude oil prices and the return to service of refineries that were temporarily shut down for seasonal maintenance work.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 6 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos