ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices continue to drop
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists continue to see lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.52, down 4 cents from last week.
That's also lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.63.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by a penny to $3.70. That's also lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.82.
Analysts say the falling prices are due to lower crude oil prices and the return to service of refineries that were temporarily shut down for seasonal maintenance work.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 7 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 10 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
58 min ago