ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices continue to drop
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists continue to see lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.52, down 4 cents from last week.
That's also lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.63.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by a penny to $3.70. That's also lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.82.
Analysts say the falling prices are due to lower crude oil prices and the return to service of refineries that were temporarily shut down for seasonal maintenance work.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 54 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
58 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
42 min ago