ABC7 Traffic Center
Many NJ Transit train riders headed for fare hike
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Many New Jersey Transit riders are headed for a fare hike next month.
The increase takes effect March 1 at roughly half of the stations on the Main, Bergen and Pascack Valley lines.
NJ Transit officials say the hike is an automatic increase.
It is being triggered by higher fares imposed on March 1 by Metro-North.
A one-way ticket on a 14-zone trip along the Main and Bergen lines to New York will increas from $12.25 to $13.
A monthly pass to New York from Montvale will climb from $270 to $284.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 24 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 37 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 30 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos