ABC7 Traffic Center
Many NJ Transit train riders headed for fare hike
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Many New Jersey Transit riders are headed for a fare hike next month.
The increase takes effect March 1 at roughly half of the stations on the Main, Bergen and Pascack Valley lines.
NJ Transit officials say the hike is an automatic increase.
It is being triggered by higher fares imposed on March 1 by Metro-North.
A one-way ticket on a 14-zone trip along the Main and Bergen lines to New York will increas from $12.25 to $13.
A monthly pass to New York from Montvale will climb from $270 to $284.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
38 min ago