ABC7 Traffic Center
Many NJ Transit train riders headed for fare hike
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Many New Jersey Transit riders are headed for a fare hike next month.
The increase takes effect March 1 at roughly half of the stations on the Main, Bergen and Pascack Valley lines.
NJ Transit officials say the hike is an automatic increase.
It is being triggered by higher fares imposed on March 1 by Metro-North.
A one-way ticket on a 14-zone trip along the Main and Bergen lines to New York will increas from $12.25 to $13.
A monthly pass to New York from Montvale will climb from $270 to $284.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 3 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 4 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 28 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
28 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos