ABC7 Traffic Center
Many NJ Transit train riders headed for fare hike
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Many New Jersey Transit riders are headed for a fare hike next month.
The increase takes effect March 1 at roughly half of the stations on the Main, Bergen and Pascack Valley lines.
NJ Transit officials say the hike is an automatic increase.
It is being triggered by higher fares imposed on March 1 by Metro-North.
A one-way ticket on a 14-zone trip along the Main and Bergen lines to New York will increas from $12.25 to $13.
A monthly pass to New York from Montvale will climb from $270 to $284.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police-involved shooting 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Upper East Side convenience store robbed at gunpoint
- Man beaten with a bat and brick for his iPod
- LIRR: Near normal commute expected Wednesday
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100 in Game 6
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
38 min ago