ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North riders ring in new year with fare hike
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- Train riders in Connecticut are facing fare hikes this new year. Metro North riders rang in 2013 with a 5 percent increase in ticket prices.
That means a one-way peak fare from New Haven to Grand Central is up one dollar.
Weekly passes are up $7, while a monthly ticket has gone from $415 to $436.
Shore Line East riders are seeing higher fares as well.
It is the second fare hike in eight years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
54 min ago