ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North riders ring in new year with fare hike
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- Train riders in Connecticut are facing fare hikes this new year. Metro North riders rang in 2013 with a 5 percent increase in ticket prices.
That means a one-way peak fare from New Haven to Grand Central is up one dollar.
Weekly passes are up $7, while a monthly ticket has gone from $415 to $436.
Shore Line East riders are seeing higher fares as well.
It is the second fare hike in eight years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 53 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 50 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect 22 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack 14 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 9 min ago
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos