ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North riders ring in new year with fare hike
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- Train riders in Connecticut are facing fare hikes this new year. Metro North riders rang in 2013 with a 5 percent increase in ticket prices.
That means a one-way peak fare from New Haven to Grand Central is up one dollar.
Weekly passes are up $7, while a monthly ticket has gone from $415 to $436.
Shore Line East riders are seeing higher fares as well.
It is the second fare hike in eight years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos