ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North riders ring in new year with fare hike
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- Train riders in Connecticut are facing fare hikes this new year. Metro North riders rang in 2013 with a 5 percent increase in ticket prices.
That means a one-way peak fare from New Haven to Grand Central is up one dollar.
Weekly passes are up $7, while a monthly ticket has gone from $415 to $436.
Shore Line East riders are seeing higher fares as well.
It is the second fare hike in eight years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Missing plane may have turned back
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 50 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 13 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014