ABC7 Traffic Center
New Year's Eve transportation information
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you are planning on taking public transportation on New Year's Eve or in the early morning hours of New Year's Day, there are some changes.
NYC Transit: Following the celebration, trains on lines in and around Times Square will run every 8 to 12 minutes until approximately 3 a.m. The 42nd Street shuttle S will operate all night. Buses are not recommended for traveling to/from Times Square because of street closures.
LIRR: 14 additional eastbound trains from Penn Station between 12:36AM and 4:20 AM. Also adding extra service from Atlantic Terminal for fans leaving the Jay-Z/Coldplay concert at the Barclays Center. No alcohol on trains or platforms until noon Tuesday.
Metro-North: Running extra post midnight outbound service throughout the night from Grand Central. There will be gate collection of tickets so customers cannot board a train without a valid ticket. No alcohol on trains or platforms until noon Tuesday.
NJ Transit: After midnight New Year's Day, special late-night trains will operate on most rail lines, and expanded bus service will be provided from the Port Authority Bus Terminal between midnight and 5:30 a.m. on selected routes.
PATH: Running overnight for the first time since Sandy on the HOB-33 and NWK-33 lines from 10p until 5am tomorrow morning. No service overnight to or from Exchange Place or World Trade Center
MTA Bridges and Tunnels: Officers, sergeants and lieutenants will be station at all MTA crossings looking for drivers suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Bridges and Tunnel personnel have arrested 289 individuals at its seven bridges and two tunnels this year for driving under the influence.
For the latest updates visit: http://www.mta.info
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 3 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
3 min ago