ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA launches 'Subway Time' smartphone app
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has launched a new way to let you know when the subway train is coming before you go underground.
It's new technology to help you get around town.
The Subway Time smartphone app reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines.
Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
At first, the app is only available for passengers with iPhones and iPod Touch devices. To get it, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Android and Windows versions are in the works.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014