Find out more about Green Festival
NEW YORK -- Looking for a great way to celebrate the spirit of Earth Day? Look no further!
From April 20-21, the Green Festival, the world's largest sustainability event, will make its return to Javits Center North for Earth Day Weekend.
The event, which is co-produced by nonprofit organizations Global Exchange and Green America, will feature keynote presentations from more than 125 people who have made considerable contributions to environmental efforts, including renowned authors, leaders and educators who will touch on subject such as the latest developments in renewable energy and other green-based technology.
The festival, which nears its goal of being a zero-waste event each year, promises to include something for every member of the family with a number of how-to workshops, informative films, kids' activities, an organic beer and wine garden, a vegetarian and vegan food court, live music and a marketplace consisting of more than 300 eco-friendly local, regional and national green and sustainable businesses. Goods for sale will include all-natural body care products, organic cotton clothing and Fair Trade gifts.
Organizations and businesses -- all of which have been screened for their commitment to sustainability, ecological balance and social justice using Green America's green business programs -- will showcase programs and products that can help restore the planet and all that inhabit it by establishing neighbor-to-neighbor connections and sharing certain skills and tips to help empower attendees to make a difference by greening thier own homes and then expanding into their communities.
The festival will start on Friday, April 19, with a buyers-only green products tradeshow from 3 to 7 p.m. It will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 20; and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 21. For more information, visit the event's page.
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 11 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 53 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos