Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 47 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
10 min ago