Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos