Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man dies in scuffle with police outside Bronx bodega 31 min ago
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab 24 min ago
- 3 slashed during disupte in Morningside Heights 18 min ago
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 44 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos