Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 23 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 51 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
23 min ago