Politics & Elections
Up Close: Cuomo's agenda for women
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is waiting for legislators to pass his women's agenda.
It's a ten point plan that among other things includes ending sexual harassment on the job, but can we trust law makers to do the right thing when some of them are accused of covering up bad behavior.
Joining us is the woman who has been shepherding the governor's plan in Albany, State Senator Andrea Stewart Cousins from Westchester. She's also the democratic conference leader.
And later, President Obama vowed tough action after the IRS was accused of targeting conservative groups, but Republicans say more needs to be done. We talk to members from two local tea party groups who explain how they were targeted and what they think should happen to those responsible.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Cuomo to announce new deal between MTA and Transit Union 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 13 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 29 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
29 min ago