Politics & Elections
Up Close: Cuomo's agenda for women
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is waiting for legislators to pass his women's agenda.
It's a ten point plan that among other things includes ending sexual harassment on the job, but can we trust law makers to do the right thing when some of them are accused of covering up bad behavior.
Joining us is the woman who has been shepherding the governor's plan in Albany, State Senator Andrea Stewart Cousins from Westchester. She's also the democratic conference leader.
And later, President Obama vowed tough action after the IRS was accused of targeting conservative groups, but Republicans say more needs to be done. We talk to members from two local tea party groups who explain how they were targeted and what they think should happen to those responsible.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia