Politics & Elections
Up Close: Cuomo's agenda for women
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is waiting for legislators to pass his women's agenda.
It's a ten point plan that among other things includes ending sexual harassment on the job, but can we trust law makers to do the right thing when some of them are accused of covering up bad behavior.
Joining us is the woman who has been shepherding the governor's plan in Albany, State Senator Andrea Stewart Cousins from Westchester. She's also the democratic conference leader.
And later, President Obama vowed tough action after the IRS was accused of targeting conservative groups, but Republicans say more needs to be done. We talk to members from two local tea party groups who explain how they were targeted and what they think should happen to those responsible.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
30 min ago