Politics & Elections
Up Close: Gun Control
Sunday, April 14, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The stage is set for a showdown in the U.S. Senate over gun control.
Democrats broke the Republican filibuster to allow the gun bill to go forward. Four months after the school shootings in Newtown, the Senate will finally begin debating ways to curb gun violence. But gun rights advocates are vowing to do whatever it takes to block any move they believe violates the Second Amendment. So what will be debated, and what will actually get passed? Joining us to discuss the issue is Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy. Also this week, will Madison Square Garden have to move? The special permit that allows MSG to operate where it is now has expired, and some want to move it to make way for a bigger and better Penn Station. We'll talk about the Garden's fate with Vin Cipolla of the Municipal Arts Society, the organization credited with saving Grand Central Terminal, and Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer, who supports extending MSG's permit, but for only 10 years. Finally, a look at the possible comeback of Anthony Weiner, who says he might want to return to politics and make a run for New York City mayor.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 47 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 15 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
15 min ago