Politics & Elections
Up Close: Gun Control
Sunday, April 14, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The stage is set for a showdown in the U.S. Senate over gun control.
Democrats broke the Republican filibuster to allow the gun bill to go forward. Four months after the school shootings in Newtown, the Senate will finally begin debating ways to curb gun violence. But gun rights advocates are vowing to do whatever it takes to block any move they believe violates the Second Amendment. So what will be debated, and what will actually get passed? Joining us to discuss the issue is Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy. Also this week, will Madison Square Garden have to move? The special permit that allows MSG to operate where it is now has expired, and some want to move it to make way for a bigger and better Penn Station. We'll talk about the Garden's fate with Vin Cipolla of the Municipal Arts Society, the organization credited with saving Grand Central Terminal, and Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer, who supports extending MSG's permit, but for only 10 years. Finally, a look at the possible comeback of Anthony Weiner, who says he might want to return to politics and make a run for New York City mayor.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 36 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos