Politics & Elections
Caroline Kennedy in line for Ambassador to Japan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A major change of address could be in the cards for New Yorker Caroline Kennedy, who may be headed to Tokyo as America's next ambassador to Japan.
Published reports say the 55 year old Kennedy is currently being vetted for the position.
Kennedy was a major fundraiser for both of Barack Obama's presidential runs.
The ambassadorship is considered a plum diplomatic position.
Kennedy is the daughter of the late president john f. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
caroline kennedy, politics & elections
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 22 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 33 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos