Politics & Elections
Caroline Kennedy in line for Ambassador to Japan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A major change of address could be in the cards for New Yorker Caroline Kennedy, who may be headed to Tokyo as America's next ambassador to Japan.
Published reports say the 55 year old Kennedy is currently being vetted for the position.
Kennedy was a major fundraiser for both of Barack Obama's presidential runs.
The ambassadorship is considered a plum diplomatic position.
Kennedy is the daughter of the late president john f. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
caroline kennedy, politics & elections
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 35 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 59 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 22 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 32 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 5 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 55 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
22 min ago