Politics & Elections
Up Close: John Liu
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City Comptroller John Liu never concealed his ambition to become mayor.
Some may say he's been campaigning for the last four years.
But his road to City Hall hit a roadblock when federal investigators arrested one of his campaign fundraisers and a staffer over illegal contributions.
Liu has not been charged with any wrongdoing, and now the defiant and determined candidate is telling the feds 'Put up or shut up'.
Liu joins us this week to discuss his mayoral bid.
Also, the U.S. Supreme Court this week will hear arguments on two major cases addressing same-sex marriage.
The cases could determine whether gay and lesbian couples will be allowed to marry and be recognized by the federal govement.
The hearings come at a time when we're seeing a dramatic rise in public support for same-sex marriage.
Joining us to explain more about what is at stake is Attorney Lavi Soloway, who has been working for the right of gay and lesbian couples to marry and be recognized under federal law. And, Sheldon Baker and Roger Goodman, a couple who got legally married almost two years ago in New York.
We'll also look at the newest venture for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani: an infomercial for identity theft prevention.
What does it mean for his future in politics?
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 21 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 24 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos