Politics & Elections
Up Close: Ed Koch
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, we take a look back at the amazing life of the man who was the ultimate New Yorker: Ed Koch.
New York City's 105th mayor passed away last Friday at the age of 88.
It's been nearly a quarter of a century since he left office, but to so many New Yorkers, he was New York.
We'll pay tribute to Koch, who, with a larger than life personality and plenty of chutzpah, brought the city back from a near financial collapse.
Among our guests: the man who defeated Koch in the Democratic primary in 1989, denying him a fourth term: former Mayor David Dinkins.
Also, a colleague who joined Koch in helping to revitalize the city: former MTA Chairman Richard Ravitch.
Plus we'll talk with the director of the new documentary, "Koch", Neil Barsky.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, ed koch, politics & elections, diana williams
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 9 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 16 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
16 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos