Politics & Elections
Up Close: Ed Koch
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, we take a look back at the amazing life of the man who was the ultimate New Yorker: Ed Koch.
New York City's 105th mayor passed away last Friday at the age of 88.
It's been nearly a quarter of a century since he left office, but to so many New Yorkers, he was New York.
We'll pay tribute to Koch, who, with a larger than life personality and plenty of chutzpah, brought the city back from a near financial collapse.
Among our guests: the man who defeated Koch in the Democratic primary in 1989, denying him a fourth term: former Mayor David Dinkins.
Also, a colleague who joined Koch in helping to revitalize the city: former MTA Chairman Richard Ravitch.
Plus we'll talk with the director of the new documentary, "Koch", Neil Barsky.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, ed koch, politics & elections, diana williams
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5 8 min ago
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos