Politics & Elections
Up Close: New Representatives
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's been one month since Election Day, and while a lame duck Congress tackles the fiscal cliff, new members are getting ready to be sworn in.
Among them are two of New York's newest representatives: Grace Meng, who will represent the 6th Congressional District in Queens, and Hakeem Jeffries, who will represent the 8th Congressional District in Brooklyn.
From scoring federal funds for Sandy recovery to dealing with a looming fiscal crisis, we'll talk with both incoming lawmakers about changes they hope to make in Washington.
Plus, New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli reveals how much more New York tax payers will have to pay if Congress and the White House don't reach a deal to avert the "Fiscal Cliff."
Also, many questions have been raised after a man was shoved onto the subway tracks this week and killed by an oncoming train.
We'll talk about the incident with celebrated subway hero Wesley Autrey, who rushed to help a man who had a seizure and fell onto the tracks six years ago.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act