Politics & Elections
Up Close: New Representatives
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's been one month since Election Day, and while a lame duck Congress tackles the fiscal cliff, new members are getting ready to be sworn in.
Among them are two of New York's newest representatives: Grace Meng, who will represent the 6th Congressional District in Queens, and Hakeem Jeffries, who will represent the 8th Congressional District in Brooklyn.
From scoring federal funds for Sandy recovery to dealing with a looming fiscal crisis, we'll talk with both incoming lawmakers about changes they hope to make in Washington.
Plus, New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli reveals how much more New York tax payers will have to pay if Congress and the White House don't reach a deal to avert the "Fiscal Cliff."
Also, many questions have been raised after a man was shoved onto the subway tracks this week and killed by an oncoming train.
We'll talk about the incident with celebrated subway hero Wesley Autrey, who rushed to help a man who had a seizure and fell onto the tracks six years ago.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments