Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens Congressional Race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of you know who you are voting for in the presidential race, but not as much attention has been paid to the congressional contests.
A handful of races in New York state could have a significant impact on who takes control of the House.
One of those contests is the race for the redrawn 6th congressional district in Queens, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Rep. Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
We'll talk this week with the two candidates who want to fill his seat.
On the Democratic side: State Assemblywoman Grace Meng, campaigning to become the first Asian-American to represent New York in Washington.
Making the case on the Republican side: attorney and City Councilman Dan Halloran.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green