Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens Congressional Race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of you know who you are voting for in the presidential race, but not as much attention has been paid to the congressional contests.
A handful of races in New York state could have a significant impact on who takes control of the House.
One of those contests is the race for the redrawn 6th congressional district in Queens, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Rep. Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
We'll talk this week with the two candidates who want to fill his seat.
On the Democratic side: State Assemblywoman Grace Meng, campaigning to become the first Asian-American to represent New York in Washington.
Making the case on the Republican side: attorney and City Councilman Dan Halloran.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro-North: train outage expected for days 25 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers