Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens Congressional Race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of you know who you are voting for in the presidential race, but not as much attention has been paid to the congressional contests.
A handful of races in New York state could have a significant impact on who takes control of the House.
One of those contests is the race for the redrawn 6th congressional district in Queens, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Rep. Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
We'll talk this week with the two candidates who want to fill his seat.
On the Democratic side: State Assemblywoman Grace Meng, campaigning to become the first Asian-American to represent New York in Washington.
Making the case on the Republican side: attorney and City Councilman Dan Halloran.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
13 min ago