Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens Congressional Race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of you know who you are voting for in the presidential race, but not as much attention has been paid to the congressional contests.
A handful of races in New York state could have a significant impact on who takes control of the House.
One of those contests is the race for the redrawn 6th congressional district in Queens, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Rep. Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
We'll talk this week with the two candidates who want to fill his seat.
On the Democratic side: State Assemblywoman Grace Meng, campaigning to become the first Asian-American to represent New York in Washington.
Making the case on the Republican side: attorney and City Councilman Dan Halloran.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen