Politics & Elections
Up Close: Second Avenue subway explosion
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nerves were rattled, as a planned underground explosion for the Second Avenue subway sent debris and smoke shooting above ground.
Residents already fed up with all the construction noise from the Second Avenue subway found themselves fearing for their lives.
What was supposed to be a controlled blast did not go as planned.
We'll look at went wrong and what happens now to the long-awaited subway line.
Plus: He's been called 'Nanny Bloomberg', and now the mayor's latest health initiative literally involves looking out for newborns.
The mayor wants more moms to breastfeed with a campaign called 'Latch on NYC'. But will it catch on with new moms?
And we'll talk about the upcoming Republican and Democratic conventions.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos