Politics & Elections
Up Close: Eliot Spitzer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's no longer the sheriff of Wall Street, sparking fear and trying to keep 'em honest.
But that's not stopping former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer from targeting financial bad guys.
This time, with neither handcuffs nor the power of subpoena, Spitzer from his perch as a cable TV host, is taking aim at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its former president Tim Geithner, who just happens to now be Secretary of the Treasury.
Spitzer says the Fed knew before the rest of us about the growing interest rate rigging scandal and did nothing to stop what could become one of the biggest bank frauds in history.
As attorney general and governor, Spitzer used his office to go after corporate giants, making him political enemy number one on Wall Street.
He now has a new bully pulpit as the host of "Viewpoint" on Al Gore's cable network, Current TV.
Governor Spitzer joins us to sound the alarm on the interest rate rigging scandal and to talk some politics as the political conventions are just a few weeks away.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 53 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 51 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
48 min ago