Politics & Elections
Up Close: Eliot Spitzer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's no longer the sheriff of Wall Street, sparking fear and trying to keep 'em honest.
But that's not stopping former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer from targeting financial bad guys.
This time, with neither handcuffs nor the power of subpoena, Spitzer from his perch as a cable TV host, is taking aim at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its former president Tim Geithner, who just happens to now be Secretary of the Treasury.
Spitzer says the Fed knew before the rest of us about the growing interest rate rigging scandal and did nothing to stop what could become one of the biggest bank frauds in history.
As attorney general and governor, Spitzer used his office to go after corporate giants, making him political enemy number one on Wall Street.
He now has a new bully pulpit as the host of "Viewpoint" on Al Gore's cable network, Current TV.
Governor Spitzer joins us to sound the alarm on the interest rate rigging scandal and to talk some politics as the political conventions are just a few weeks away.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos