Politics & Elections
Up Close: Eliot Spitzer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's no longer the sheriff of Wall Street, sparking fear and trying to keep 'em honest.
But that's not stopping former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer from targeting financial bad guys.
This time, with neither handcuffs nor the power of subpoena, Spitzer from his perch as a cable TV host, is taking aim at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its former president Tim Geithner, who just happens to now be Secretary of the Treasury.
Spitzer says the Fed knew before the rest of us about the growing interest rate rigging scandal and did nothing to stop what could become one of the biggest bank frauds in history.
As attorney general and governor, Spitzer used his office to go after corporate giants, making him political enemy number one on Wall Street.
He now has a new bully pulpit as the host of "Viewpoint" on Al Gore's cable network, Current TV.
Governor Spitzer joins us to sound the alarm on the interest rate rigging scandal and to talk some politics as the political conventions are just a few weeks away.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 38 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97