Politics & Elections
Up Close: Abusive Teachers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- School is out, but for the past few months there have been numerous stories of sexual and physical abuse in the New York City schools.
Is the city doing enough to keep abusive teachers out of the classrooms?
New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott wants the power to quickly fire teachers who abuse students.
But he says the teachers union is standing in his way.
Chancellor Walcott joins us this week to discuss the issue.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green