Politics & Elections
Up Close: Charlie Rangel and Gridlock Sam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite being dogged by ethics problems, Charlie Rangel won his 21st term in congress two years ago with 80 percent of the vote.
Two years later, his district has shifted from district 15 to district 13 because of redistricting. It extends into the Bronx, and more than half of the population is Hispanic.
The congressman is also facing new challengers for the primary this time around.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's 53 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 33 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 26 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 52 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 50 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
52 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos