Politics & Elections
Up Close: Charlie Rangel and Gridlock Sam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite being dogged by ethics problems, Charlie Rangel won his 21st term in congress two years ago with 80 percent of the vote.
Two years later, his district has shifted from district 15 to district 13 because of redistricting. It extends into the Bronx, and more than half of the population is Hispanic.
The congressman is also facing new challengers for the primary this time around.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos