Politics & Elections
Up Close for February 12, 2012
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite Governor Chris Christie's veto threat, the New Jersey State Senate is moving forward on a vote to legalize same sex marriage.
We hear from New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney on the vote and why he's not afraid of Chris Christie.
Also, a scathing audit calls the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey challenged and dysfunctional.
Who ends up paying for the financial mismanagement? We get the Port Authority's response.
Finally, a major political victory for New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Just days from being elevated to Cardinal, he's proving his influence reaches beyond religion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia