Politics & Elections
Up Close for February 12, 2012
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite Governor Chris Christie's veto threat, the New Jersey State Senate is moving forward on a vote to legalize same sex marriage.
We hear from New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney on the vote and why he's not afraid of Chris Christie.
Also, a scathing audit calls the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey challenged and dysfunctional.
Who ends up paying for the financial mismanagement? We get the Port Authority's response.
Finally, a major political victory for New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Just days from being elevated to Cardinal, he's proving his influence reaches beyond religion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 28 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 35 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
35 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos