Politics & Elections
Up Close for February 12, 2012
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite Governor Chris Christie's veto threat, the New Jersey State Senate is moving forward on a vote to legalize same sex marriage.
We hear from New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney on the vote and why he's not afraid of Chris Christie.
Also, a scathing audit calls the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey challenged and dysfunctional.
Who ends up paying for the financial mismanagement? We get the Port Authority's response.
Finally, a major political victory for New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Just days from being elevated to Cardinal, he's proving his influence reaches beyond religion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 25 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 38 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 31 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos