Politics & Elections
Up Close: Veterans facing challenges
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Diana Williams and her guests discuss the challenges facing veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan
Veterans are coming home finding many difficulties. The unemployment rate for veterans is at 12.1 percent compared with 9 percent for civilians.
In addition, because of the poor economy, donations to veterans organizations are coming up short.
Diana and her guests discuss these issues and what is being done to try to improve the situation.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 3040 hurt 4 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97