Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens congressional candidates
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, a conversation with three Democratic candidates for New York's 6th congressional district in Queens.
We are continuing our series of discussions with the candidates in next month's New York congressional primary.
One of the more closely watched races is going on in Queens.
It's for the redrawn 6th congressional district, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Congressman Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
Joining us are three candidates running in the Democratic primary.
They are Elizabeth Crowley, City Councilwoman from Glendale.
Grace Meng, New York State Assemblywoman from Flushing.
And Rory Lancman, Assemblywoman from the Hillcrest-Fresh Meadows area.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA