Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens congressional candidates
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, a conversation with three Democratic candidates for New York's 6th congressional district in Queens.
We are continuing our series of discussions with the candidates in next month's New York congressional primary.
One of the more closely watched races is going on in Queens.
It's for the redrawn 6th congressional district, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Congressman Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
Joining us are three candidates running in the Democratic primary.
They are Elizabeth Crowley, City Councilwoman from Glendale.
Grace Meng, New York State Assemblywoman from Flushing.
And Rory Lancman, Assemblywoman from the Hillcrest-Fresh Meadows area.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 44 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 44 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 15 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital