Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens congressional candidates
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, a conversation with three Democratic candidates for New York's 6th congressional district in Queens.
We are continuing our series of discussions with the candidates in next month's New York congressional primary.
One of the more closely watched races is going on in Queens.
It's for the redrawn 6th congressional district, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Congressman Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
Joining us are three candidates running in the Democratic primary.
They are Elizabeth Crowley, City Councilwoman from Glendale.
Grace Meng, New York State Assemblywoman from Flushing.
And Rory Lancman, Assemblywoman from the Hillcrest-Fresh Meadows area.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 21 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy