U.S. & World News
Metro-North trains searched for Boston Marathon bombing suspect
BOSTON (WABC) -- The evening rush on Metro North's New Haven line appeared to be running smoother than Friday morning.
Some commuters found themselves delayed as police stopped and searched trains.
Not knowing what they might encounter, police from several agencies including Norwalk and the MTA boarded a train at the East Norwalk station.
A large number of officers along with bomb sniffing dogs worked from car to car looking for any potential suspects that might have boarded in Boston.
"The train immediately after mine was searched," said Albert Douk, a commuter.
Although he didn't know why at the time, Albert Douk's morning commute along with many others was delayed, up to 45 minutes in some cases.
"There were a lot of police of course. A lot of hub bub! But, it wasn't until I was on the train that my phone started blowing up that everybody was asking me what's going on? Why are the police here?" Douk said.
Police say information received from Boston led to two trains being searched.
The second was in Darien where a police presence was increased at the station and at Noroton Heights and other busier stations along the corridor.
As an added precaution, MTA canine units were kept busy sweeping the platforms and terminals at the busier South Norwalk station for anything suspicious.
"I don't feel like I'm in danger. I don't feel like I am a lot safer. I think we are all trying to figure out how to phrase this event," Douk said.
CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE OF THE BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSIONS
boston marathon bombings, boston marathon explosions, dzhokhar a. tsarnaev, tamerlan tsarnaev, boston, boston marathon, explosion, metro north, u.s. & world news, tim fleischer
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide