Northern Suburbs News
Police arrest suspect in Harrison police chase
HARRISON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County finally caught the man who they say led them on a high-speed police chase while tossing marijuana out the window.
42-year-old Troy Bansey was arrested in New Rochelle.
The dashboard camera shows the car taking off and running from the police officer, and driving recklessly to lose him.
At one point the driver goes up on the curb, rounding a corner, and at another point the officer goes up in a yard.
But it all ends with the red car, which was stolen in New Jersey, stuck in the middle if a picket fence and bushes.
The driver was gone and there wasn't much in the car.
"As the police officer was pursuing the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle was throwing what appeared to be marijuana out the window and other contraband," said Anthony Marraccini, said the Harrison Police Chief.
Police immediately started to look for the driver, and the mayor's office issued an alert by phone.
"It was a recorded message and residents said that they should lock their doors and stay inside and that they were looking for a white male. It was very scary," a resident said.
westchester news, westchester county, harrison, police chase, northern suburbs news, jim dolan
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen