Northern Suburbs News
Police still investigating mysterious Yonkers shooting
YONKERS (WABC) -- The mansion was under police guard for most of the day, as it has been since the shooting early Thursday morning - an incident that left a husband and wife injured. Emily and Ken Dearden of Yonkers both required medical attention. Emily suffered a head injury, he was shot in the ear, the exact circumstances are still under investigation. It comes a shock to those who know the high powered couple.
Ken Dearden is the Chairman of the Board of Yonkers Downtown Waterfront Business Improvement District. He is also a developer who has had a hand in transforming the area. In a 2008 Eyewitness News interviewed Dearden about his use of Youtube as a way to attract tennis to his high-end rental building.
Emily Dearden is a psychologist with the NYPD and an adjunct professor at John Jay College. As for what happened in their house on Pondfield Road West, police are not disclosing many details, but the incident is not considered a home invasion, and detectives are investigating the possibility the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute.
Both are expected to recover.
northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Missing plane may have turned back 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 15 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 21 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
39 min ago