Northern Suburbs News
Police still investigating mysterious Yonkers shooting
YONKERS (WABC) -- The mansion was under police guard for most of the day, as it has been since the shooting early Thursday morning - an incident that left a husband and wife injured. Emily and Ken Dearden of Yonkers both required medical attention. Emily suffered a head injury, he was shot in the ear, the exact circumstances are still under investigation. It comes a shock to those who know the high powered couple.
Ken Dearden is the Chairman of the Board of Yonkers Downtown Waterfront Business Improvement District. He is also a developer who has had a hand in transforming the area. In a 2008 Eyewitness News interviewed Dearden about his use of Youtube as a way to attract tennis to his high-end rental building.
Emily Dearden is a psychologist with the NYPD and an adjunct professor at John Jay College. As for what happened in their house on Pondfield Road West, police are not disclosing many details, but the incident is not considered a home invasion, and detectives are investigating the possibility the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute.
Both are expected to recover.
northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green