Northern Suburbs News
911 calls released in East Haven plane crash
EAST HAVEN, Conn. (WABC) -- Heartbreaking 911 calls highlighted the desperate plea for help after a plane crashed into two homes in Connecticut.
Four people died when a plane crashed into two homes in East Haven.
Two of those victims were young children killed in their home when it went up in flames.
Rescue workers couldn't get in to save them.
You hear the bone chilling screams of a mother who lost her two little girls and neighbors describing what looked like a plane falling out of the sky and crashing.
That is what you hear as people frantically called 911 for help.
Pilot Bill Henningsgaard was flying his plane on Friday, his 17-year-old son Maxwell was on board.
The pair was touring colleges on the east coast, and was in the East Haven area visiting Yale.
But something went wrong as the former Microsoft executive made his second attempt to land at Tweed Airport.
Officials say the small plane was upside down when it crashed into two homes on Charter Oak Avenue, and the houses burst into flames.
Both Henningsgaard and his son were killed.
On the ground, 13-year-old Sade Brantley and her 1-year-old sister Madisyn were also killed.
Their mother JoAnn got out of her home, but the fire was so intense she could not get back in to save her girls.
Relatives of the two little girls killed in Friday's crash say the hardest part was watching their mother in the moments after the accident, telling them, "I'm not going to leave until we find my girls, you have to find my girls."
The children will be buried Friday.
connecticut, east haven, plane crash, northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation