Northern Suburbs News
Mosquitos test positive for West Nile in Westchester
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a health warning in Westchester County.
For the first time this year, mosquitos have tested positive for the West Nile Virus.
The mosquitos were collected in Rye Brook.
Last year, there were 29 positive batches found in the county and four human cases.
Residents are being warned to get rid of standing water.
rye brook, west nile virus, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
21 min ago