Northern Suburbs News
Mosquitos test positive for West Nile in Westchester
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a health warning in Westchester County.
For the first time this year, mosquitos have tested positive for the West Nile Virus.
The mosquitos were collected in Rye Brook.
Last year, there were 29 positive batches found in the county and four human cases.
Residents are being warned to get rid of standing water.
rye brook, west nile virus, northern suburbs news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 26 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 39 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
21 min ago