Northern Suburbs News
Mosquitos test positive for West Nile in Westchester
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a health warning in Westchester County.
For the first time this year, mosquitos have tested positive for the West Nile Virus.
The mosquitos were collected in Rye Brook.
Last year, there were 29 positive batches found in the county and four human cases.
Residents are being warned to get rid of standing water.
rye brook, west nile virus, northern suburbs news
- Cuomo to announce new deal between MTA and Transit Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 12 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 28 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
28 min ago