Northern Suburbs News
Funeral services for state trooper in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will join law enforcement officers from across New York at the funeral of a state trooper who died from injuries suffered two years ago at the scene of a double plane crash.
Funeral services for Trooper Winston I. Martindale, Jr. are being held late Tuesday morning at Christian Faith Fellowship in Middletown.
State police officials say Martindale died last Wednesday after surgery at a New York City hospital.
Martindale fell on a piece of equipment while responding to the crash of two small planes in May 2011 in Orange County. Despite suffering internal bleeding, Martindale stayed at the scene for six hours.
Martindale was a seven-year veteran of the state police and an Army veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. His survivors include his wife and two children.
northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97