Northern Suburbs News
Funeral services for state trooper in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will join law enforcement officers from across New York at the funeral of a state trooper who died from injuries suffered two years ago at the scene of a double plane crash.
Funeral services for Trooper Winston I. Martindale, Jr. are being held late Tuesday morning at Christian Faith Fellowship in Middletown.
State police officials say Martindale died last Wednesday after surgery at a New York City hospital.
Martindale fell on a piece of equipment while responding to the crash of two small planes in May 2011 in Orange County. Despite suffering internal bleeding, Martindale stayed at the scene for six hours.
Martindale was a seven-year veteran of the state police and an Army veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. His survivors include his wife and two children.
northern suburbs news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park