Northern Suburbs News
Funeral services for state trooper in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will join law enforcement officers from across New York at the funeral of a state trooper who died from injuries suffered two years ago at the scene of a double plane crash.
Funeral services for Trooper Winston I. Martindale, Jr. are being held late Tuesday morning at Christian Faith Fellowship in Middletown.
State police officials say Martindale died last Wednesday after surgery at a New York City hospital.
Martindale fell on a piece of equipment while responding to the crash of two small planes in May 2011 in Orange County. Despite suffering internal bleeding, Martindale stayed at the scene for six hours.
Martindale was a seven-year veteran of the state police and an Army veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. His survivors include his wife and two children.
northern suburbs news
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 35 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 39 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos