Northern Suburbs News
Heroin found in Hello Kitty backpack
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- Stamford Police uncovered heroin in an unusual place, a child's Hello Kitty backpack.
The bag was filled with illegal drugs and now a couple is under arrest and their child is in protective custody.
Police say a 4-year-girl was taken on an out-of-state trip to buy drugs.
Police have arrested 43-year-old Miguel Vasquez and 27-year-old Justine Martinez who they say went to New York to purchase heroin to resell in Stamford.
Police had gotten a tip and narcotics officers were waiting when the couple pulled up to the homeless shelter they reside in.
Police say the Hello Kitty bag contained 72 glassine envelopes of heroin, cash and a pair of brass knuckles.
The arrest is the sixth in the last week Stamford Police have made of heroin dealers, all with a similar M.O.
drug arrest, connecticut, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide