Northern Suburbs News
Heroin found in Hello Kitty backpack
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- Stamford Police uncovered heroin in an unusual place, a child's Hello Kitty backpack.
The bag was filled with illegal drugs and now a couple is under arrest and their child is in protective custody.
Police say a 4-year-girl was taken on an out-of-state trip to buy drugs.
Police have arrested 43-year-old Miguel Vasquez and 27-year-old Justine Martinez who they say went to New York to purchase heroin to resell in Stamford.
Police had gotten a tip and narcotics officers were waiting when the couple pulled up to the homeless shelter they reside in.
Police say the Hello Kitty bag contained 72 glassine envelopes of heroin, cash and a pair of brass knuckles.
The arrest is the sixth in the last week Stamford Police have made of heroin dealers, all with a similar M.O.
drug arrest, connecticut, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos