Northern Suburbs News
White Plains rabbi arrested 4th time for impersonating cop
HAWTHORNE -- A White Plains rabbi has been charged for the fourth time with flashing a fake badge during a confrontation with another motorist.
State police say Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski surrendered Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.
He allegedly pulled up behind a woman's car on an exit ramp in Greenburgh in May. Police say he got out of his car, waved a badge, banged on her window and threatened to arrest her for driving too slowly and recklessly.
He then drove off.
The rabbi faces similar charges in Mamaroneck (muh-MEHR'-uh-nehk), White Plains and Yonkers. He has pleaded not guilty.
His lawyer says the incidents are the result of a bipolar disorder.
He's due in court Aug. 2 on the latest charge.
rabbi, arrest, police impersonation, westchester county, mamaroneck, white plains, northern suburbs news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park