Northern Suburbs News
Two sisters found after vanishing from Yonkers home
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Yonkers neighborhood was troubled and worried, wondering how two girls, ages 13 and 6 could disappear for almost 24 hours.
The two sisters, 13-year-old Christina Quires and 6-year-old Rhianna McBean were found Sunday afternoon. Police say the girls spent the night in a nearby park.
Officials say the girls do not appear to be injured.
Both girls were last seen in the area around Willow Street on Saturday night.
"She's a 6-year-old, she's a little girl. She's probably hungry, I don't know, I can't explain it," said the missing girls' mother, Nicolar Hoilett.
Police responded in full force. They flooded the neighborhood, going door-to-door and passing out flyers. The county called in a bloodhound to help. A helicopter circled the area for much of Sunday afternoon.
yonkers, missing children, missing person, northern suburbs news, dave evans
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park