Northern Suburbs News
Conn. woman accused of crushing her ex with car
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.
Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son.
She's detained on $1 million bail.
Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18.
She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.
Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown.
Brown's family denies that claim.
bridgeport, murder, northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos