Northern Suburbs News
Conn. woman accused of crushing her ex with car
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.
Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son.
She's detained on $1 million bail.
Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18.
She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.
Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown.
Brown's family denies that claim.
bridgeport, murder, northern suburbs news
- Newtown 911 calls released 45 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 39 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 13 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen... 51 min ago
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 2 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
39 min ago