Northern Suburbs News
Conn. woman accused of crushing her ex with car
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.
Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son.
She's detained on $1 million bail.
Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18.
She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.
Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown.
Brown's family denies that claim.
bridgeport, murder, northern suburbs news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
14 min ago