Northern Suburbs News
Conn. woman accused of crushing her ex with car
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.
Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son.
She's detained on $1 million bail.
Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18.
She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.
Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown.
Brown's family denies that claim.
bridgeport, murder, northern suburbs news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos