Northern Suburbs News
Person of interest in custody in Hillcrest party stabbing
HILLCREST (WABC) -- One of the men police believe helped turned a 6-year-old's birthday party in Rockland County into a murder scene has been taken into custody Tuesday.
Police say Otha Williams surrendered to authorities in connection to the incident, which included a deadly stabbing.
Authorities say several fights broke out at or outside the party Sunday night, on East Hickory Street in the Hillcrest section of Ramapo.
The 20-year-old Williams, who was only labeled as a person of interest, turned himself in to police in the Bronx and was charged with second-degree menacing.
Police interviewed 70 eyewitnesses, and yet the details behind the murder of 22-year-old Riccardo Barrett remain a bit of a mystery.
His girlfriend was trying to come to grips with his death.
"He was just lying on the floor calling my name, and he said, 'I'm OK, I'm OK,' and then you know," she said.
Eyewitness News is told 22-year-old Barrett was invoked in one dispute, while Williams was involved in another.
Detectives believe Williams pulled out a gun and waved it at the crowd, threatening several people. /p>
Initially, authorities thought Barrett had been shot, but late Monday afternoon the autopsy confirmed he had been stabbed in the chest.
Anyone with information should the Ramapo Police Department at (845) 357-2400.
rockland county, ramapo, spring valley, shooting, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 18 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 29 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos