Northern Suburbs News
Person of interest in custody in Hillcrest party stabbing
HILLCREST (WABC) -- One of the men police believe helped turned a 6-year-old's birthday party in Rockland County into a murder scene has been taken into custody Tuesday.
Police say Otha Williams surrendered to authorities in connection to the incident, which included a deadly stabbing.
Authorities say several fights broke out at or outside the party Sunday night, on East Hickory Street in the Hillcrest section of Ramapo.
The 20-year-old Williams, who was only labeled as a person of interest, turned himself in to police in the Bronx and was charged with second-degree menacing.
Police interviewed 70 eyewitnesses, and yet the details behind the murder of 22-year-old Riccardo Barrett remain a bit of a mystery.
His girlfriend was trying to come to grips with his death.
"He was just lying on the floor calling my name, and he said, 'I'm OK, I'm OK,' and then you know," she said.
Eyewitness News is told 22-year-old Barrett was invoked in one dispute, while Williams was involved in another.
Detectives believe Williams pulled out a gun and waved it at the crowd, threatening several people. /p>
Initially, authorities thought Barrett had been shot, but late Monday afternoon the autopsy confirmed he had been stabbed in the chest.
Anyone with information should the Ramapo Police Department at (845) 357-2400.
rockland county, ramapo, spring valley, shooting, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 51 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014