Northern Suburbs News
Newtown nearing recommendation on new school
NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Newtown's first selectwoman is asking residents for advice on what to do with the Sandy Hook Elementary School building where 20 children and six educators were fatally shot last December.
The News-Times reports (http://bit.ly/1621DBK ) that First Selectwoman Pat Llodra urged residents to make their opinions known at a meeting set for Friday.
A task force of 28 elected officials has been meeting for several weeks to determine a location. A technical advisory team also is considering a remodeled facility or a new school.
A decision may be reached May 3 or the following week. The recommendation will be sent to the Board of Education. The task force has narrowed its choice to the current Sandy Hook Elementary property on 12 acres and a neighboring site. Children, teachers and administrators are temporarily at a Monroe school.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 52 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 49 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect 21 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack 13 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 8 min ago
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos