Northern Suburbs News
Ex-Yonkers mayor to apologize, city to pay to end suit
YONKERS (WABC) -- It's going to take lots of cash and an apology to settle the legal battle between a strip club owner and the former mayor of Yonkers.
Ex-Mayor Philip Amicone will issue a public apology Wednesday to Sam Zherka, publisher of the Westchester Guardian and co-owner of a Manhattan strip club.
Amicone had called Zherka a thug and convicted drug dealer.
Now, Amicone will take it all back.
The Yonkers City Council will pay $100,000 to end a lawsuit filed by Zherka.
Amicone, whose legal defense was funded by the city, won't be financially liable - even though he was the suit's main target.
He is due to apologize at City Hall at 11 a.m.
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos