Northern Suburbs News
Ex-Yonkers mayor to apologize, city to pay to end suit
YONKERS (WABC) -- It's going to take lots of cash and an apology to settle the legal battle between a strip club owner and the former mayor of Yonkers.
Ex-Mayor Philip Amicone will issue a public apology Wednesday to Sam Zherka, publisher of the Westchester Guardian and co-owner of a Manhattan strip club.
Amicone had called Zherka a thug and convicted drug dealer.
Now, Amicone will take it all back.
The Yonkers City Council will pay $100,000 to end a lawsuit filed by Zherka.
Amicone, whose legal defense was funded by the city, won't be financially liable - even though he was the suit's main target.
He is due to apologize at City Hall at 11 a.m.
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 38 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 20 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 1 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
59 min ago