Northern Suburbs News
Ex-Yonkers mayor to apologize, city to pay to end suit
YONKERS (WABC) -- It's going to take lots of cash and an apology to settle the legal battle between a strip club owner and the former mayor of Yonkers.
Ex-Mayor Philip Amicone will issue a public apology Wednesday to Sam Zherka, publisher of the Westchester Guardian and co-owner of a Manhattan strip club.
Amicone had called Zherka a thug and convicted drug dealer.
Now, Amicone will take it all back.
The Yonkers City Council will pay $100,000 to end a lawsuit filed by Zherka.
Amicone, whose legal defense was funded by the city, won't be financially liable - even though he was the suit's main target.
He is due to apologize at City Hall at 11 a.m.
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 21 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 11 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 52 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos