Northern Suburbs News
Ex-Yonkers mayor to apologize, city to pay to end suit
YONKERS (WABC) -- It's going to take lots of cash and an apology to settle the legal battle between a strip club owner and the former mayor of Yonkers.
Ex-Mayor Philip Amicone will issue a public apology Wednesday to Sam Zherka, publisher of the Westchester Guardian and co-owner of a Manhattan strip club.
Amicone had called Zherka a thug and convicted drug dealer.
Now, Amicone will take it all back.
The Yonkers City Council will pay $100,000 to end a lawsuit filed by Zherka.
Amicone, whose legal defense was funded by the city, won't be financially liable - even though he was the suit's main target.
He is due to apologize at City Hall at 11 a.m.
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 13 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
13 min ago