Northern Suburbs News
3 families homeless after raging fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Three families in Westchester County are homeless after a huge fire tore through their houses Tuesday night.
The three-alarm blaze broke out on Beechwood Avenue in Mount Vernon around 6 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.
Everyone managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported, but one firefighter had to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The speed of the fire surprised people in the neighborhood and sent residents scrambling into the streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
mount vernon, fire, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case 20 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens 49 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike...
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos