Northern Suburbs News
3 families homeless after raging fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Three families in Westchester County are homeless after a huge fire tore through their houses Tuesday night.
The three-alarm blaze broke out on Beechwood Avenue in Mount Vernon around 6 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.
Everyone managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported, but one firefighter had to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The speed of the fire surprised people in the neighborhood and sent residents scrambling into the streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
mount vernon, fire, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash