Northern Suburbs News
Conn. man charged with threatening governor
BARKHAMSTED, Conn. -- A Connecticut man has been arrested on charges of unspecified threats against Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
The Republican American reports (http://bit.ly/15rfGk6 ) that John Montysko of Barkhamsted was arrested Friday and is being held on $120,000 bond. A woman who answered the phone at his home would not comment.
Police say they found numerous weapons at the 59-year-old Montysko's home. He was arrested after a Connecticut television station turned over a comment posted April 14 on its website.
Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance would not say what the comment was or identify the TV station.
Montysko is to appear in New Britain Superior Court April 22 on charges of threatening and inciting injury to a person. He also was charged with illegal possession of weapons, including an AK-47.
dan malloy, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide