Northern Suburbs News
Conn. man charged with threatening governor
BARKHAMSTED, Conn. -- A Connecticut man has been arrested on charges of unspecified threats against Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
The Republican American reports (http://bit.ly/15rfGk6 ) that John Montysko of Barkhamsted was arrested Friday and is being held on $120,000 bond. A woman who answered the phone at his home would not comment.
Police say they found numerous weapons at the 59-year-old Montysko's home. He was arrested after a Connecticut television station turned over a comment posted April 14 on its website.
Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance would not say what the comment was or identify the TV station.
Montysko is to appear in New Britain Superior Court April 22 on charges of threatening and inciting injury to a person. He also was charged with illegal possession of weapons, including an AK-47.
dan malloy, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 14 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos