Northern Suburbs News
Conn. man charged with threatening governor
BARKHAMSTED, Conn. -- A Connecticut man has been arrested on charges of unspecified threats against Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
The Republican American reports (http://bit.ly/15rfGk6 ) that John Montysko of Barkhamsted was arrested Friday and is being held on $120,000 bond. A woman who answered the phone at his home would not comment.
Police say they found numerous weapons at the 59-year-old Montysko's home. He was arrested after a Connecticut television station turned over a comment posted April 14 on its website.
Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance would not say what the comment was or identify the TV station.
Montysko is to appear in New Britain Superior Court April 22 on charges of threatening and inciting injury to a person. He also was charged with illegal possession of weapons, including an AK-47.
dan malloy, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 22 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 31 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 39 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
18 min ago