Northern Suburbs News
Conn. man charged with threatening governor
BARKHAMSTED, Conn. -- A Connecticut man has been arrested on charges of unspecified threats against Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
The Republican American reports (http://bit.ly/15rfGk6 ) that John Montysko of Barkhamsted was arrested Friday and is being held on $120,000 bond. A woman who answered the phone at his home would not comment.
Police say they found numerous weapons at the 59-year-old Montysko's home. He was arrested after a Connecticut television station turned over a comment posted April 14 on its website.
Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance would not say what the comment was or identify the TV station.
Montysko is to appear in New Britain Superior Court April 22 on charges of threatening and inciting injury to a person. He also was charged with illegal possession of weapons, including an AK-47.
dan malloy, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 46 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 13 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 4 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest