Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County student dies of bacterial meningitis
GARNERVILLE (WABC) -- A student at a Rockland County elementary school has died from a case of bacterial meningitis, officials said on Monday.
Parents of children at St. Gregory Barbarigo School in Garnerville received a notice by the health department about the death.
Officials said at a morning news conference that the victim is a 12 year old girl and a 6th grader at the school.
Health officials say they are treating at least 33 people with antibiotics that were close contact with the girl.
rockland county, meningitis, northern suburbs news
- Cuomo to announce new deal between MTA and Transit Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 12 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 28 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
28 min ago