Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County student dies of bacterial meningitis
GARNERVILLE (WABC) -- A student at a Rockland County elementary school has died from a case of bacterial meningitis, officials said on Monday.
Parents of children at St. Gregory Barbarigo School in Garnerville received a notice by the health department about the death.
Officials said at a morning news conference that the victim is a 12 year old girl and a 6th grader at the school.
Health officials say they are treating at least 33 people with antibiotics that were close contact with the girl.
rockland county, meningitis, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 42 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 33 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos