Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County student dies of bacterial meningitis
GARNERVILLE (WABC) -- A student at a Rockland County elementary school has died from a case of bacterial meningitis, officials said on Monday.
Parents of children at St. Gregory Barbarigo School in Garnerville received a notice by the health department about the death.
Officials said at a morning news conference that the victim is a 12 year old girl and a 6th grader at the school.
Health officials say they are treating at least 33 people with antibiotics that were close contact with the girl.
rockland county, meningitis, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97