Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County student dies of bacterial meningitis
GARNERVILLE (WABC) -- A student at a Rockland County elementary school has died from a case of bacterial meningitis, officials said on Monday.
Parents of children at St. Gregory Barbarigo School in Garnerville received a notice by the health department about the death.
Officials said at a morning news conference that the victim is a 12 year old girl and a 6th grader at the school.
Health officials say they are treating at least 33 people with antibiotics that were close contact with the girl.
rockland county, meningitis, northern suburbs news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green