Northern Suburbs News
Fire destroys home of Newtown shooting survivors
NEWTOWN -- A Newtown home destroyed by a fire this week was owned by a couple whose children survived the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in December.
The News-Times of Danbury reports that Wednesday afternoon's fire left Hans and Audra Barth and their three children homeless. The American Red Cross has put them up in a hotel.
Two of their children attended Sandy Hook Elementary School, including a first-grader in teacher Kaitlin Roig's classroom. Roig has been called a hero for barricading her students in a bathroom as the shooter killed 20 other first-graders and six educators.
Friends say the family lost everything in the fire, and their pet dog and several baby chickens died.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
For more information please visit:
Barth Family Fund at http://www.gofundme.com/2fns60.
St. Rose of Lima Church is accepting donations.
Make checks payable to St. Rose of Lima and note "Barth Family" on the memo line.
The church's address is: St. Rose of Lima
Attn: "Barth Family"
46 Church Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam detects signals from Malaysia Airlines plane 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos