Northern Suburbs News
Stephen Baldwin admits he failed to pay New York taxes
NEW CITY -- Stephen Baldwin has admitted in court that he failed to pay New York state income taxes for three years.
The actor agreed Friday to pay $400,000 in back taxes, interest and penalties. The judge says $100,000 of that already has been paid.
Baldwin pleaded guilty to a charge of repeated failure to file income taxes.
The judge says that if Baldwin pays back the rest of the money within a year, the charge will be taken off his record. If not, he'll be sentenced to five year's probation.
Baldwin went to court between appearances on "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice." He's the youngest of the four acting Baldwin brothers.
He says he received bad advice from lawyers and accountants.
northern suburbs news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos