Northern Suburbs News
Stephen Baldwin admits he failed to pay New York taxes
NEW CITY -- Stephen Baldwin has admitted in court that he failed to pay New York state income taxes for three years.
The actor agreed Friday to pay $400,000 in back taxes, interest and penalties. The judge says $100,000 of that already has been paid.
Baldwin pleaded guilty to a charge of repeated failure to file income taxes.
The judge says that if Baldwin pays back the rest of the money within a year, the charge will be taken off his record. If not, he'll be sentenced to five year's probation.
Baldwin went to court between appearances on "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice." He's the youngest of the four acting Baldwin brothers.
He says he received bad advice from lawyers and accountants.
northern suburbs news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 6 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 6 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays 49 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 1 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 3 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Driver killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 20 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos