Northern Suburbs News
Stephen Baldwin admits he failed to pay New York taxes
NEW CITY -- Stephen Baldwin has admitted in court that he failed to pay New York state income taxes for three years.
The actor agreed Friday to pay $400,000 in back taxes, interest and penalties. The judge says $100,000 of that already has been paid.
Baldwin pleaded guilty to a charge of repeated failure to file income taxes.
The judge says that if Baldwin pays back the rest of the money within a year, the charge will be taken off his record. If not, he'll be sentenced to five year's probation.
Baldwin went to court between appearances on "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice." He's the youngest of the four acting Baldwin brothers.
He says he received bad advice from lawyers and accountants.
northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 59 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 57 min ago