Northern Suburbs News
Driver stops for turkey, sparks 4-car crash
WAWARSING, N.Y. -- A New York driver who stopped for a turkey crossing the road inadvertently triggered a four-car crash that injured five people.
The Times Herald-Record of Middletown reports (http://bit.ly/Y6jH9x ) that the accident happened around 12:30 p.m. Friday in Wawarsing in Ulster County.
The sheriff's office tells the newspaper that 71-year-old Roberta Decker had stopped her Toyota to allow a turkey to cross when she was struck from behind by a minivan.
Decker's car was pushed into the opposite lane of traffic and hit a Ford. Authorities say Decker's car then spun around and hit a Volkswagen.
The driver of the Ford was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center to be treated for head injuries.
Four other people were hospitalized for treatment of injuries. They included Decker and a passenger in her car.
ulster county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 39 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 46 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
39 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos