Northern Suburbs News
Another snow storm in a place ready for spring
NANUET (WABC) -- There was one more blast of snow on Tuesday afternoon, and some more accidents on still slick Route 17 in Orange County.
Luckily, a high school student was able to walk away from one spinout. Just a few yards away a multicar pileup ended with one vehicle in the woods. Again, everyone escaped with only minor injuries. Treacherous conditions kept tow truck operators busy.
The calendar may read mid-march, but it looked more like January in Goshen. Several inches of snow led to delayed school openings and left residents grabbing the shovel one more time.
For contractors the snow means big business. John Nowicki started at 2:30 in the morning clearing commercial parking lots and driveways.
Huge snow piles, some as high as 7 feet, lined the sides of Route 59 in Nanuet as plows worked to clear the 5 inches of heavy snow that fell.
Some highway lanes were closed because of tractor-trailer accidents, and many schools were opening late in Connecticut.
rockland county, snow, snow storm, westchester county, ulster county, putnam county, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 15 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 22 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG 8 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos