Northern Suburbs News
Another snow storm in a place ready for spring
NANUET (WABC) -- There was one more blast of snow on Tuesday afternoon, and some more accidents on still slick Route 17 in Orange County.
Luckily, a high school student was able to walk away from one spinout. Just a few yards away a multicar pileup ended with one vehicle in the woods. Again, everyone escaped with only minor injuries. Treacherous conditions kept tow truck operators busy.
The calendar may read mid-march, but it looked more like January in Goshen. Several inches of snow led to delayed school openings and left residents grabbing the shovel one more time.
For contractors the snow means big business. John Nowicki started at 2:30 in the morning clearing commercial parking lots and driveways.
Huge snow piles, some as high as 7 feet, lined the sides of Route 59 in Nanuet as plows worked to clear the 5 inches of heavy snow that fell.
Some highway lanes were closed because of tractor-trailer accidents, and many schools were opening late in Connecticut.
rockland county, snow, snow storm, westchester county, ulster county, putnam county, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 14 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 49 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 26 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 18 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos