Northern Suburbs News
Amtrak trains running again after derailment
NEW HAVEN -- Amtrak trains are running again between Manhattan and Boston after a derailment halted service for most of the day.
A freight train derailed near New Haven Sunday morning, blocking the tracks. The cars were empty when they derailed, and there were no injuries.
The first north bound train left Penn station just after 5 p.m.
Amtrak says there will be some residual delays in service.
amtrak, new haven, train accident, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees