Northern Suburbs News
Amtrak trains running again after derailment
NEW HAVEN -- Amtrak trains are running again between Manhattan and Boston after a derailment halted service for most of the day.
A freight train derailed near New Haven Sunday morning, blocking the tracks. The cars were empty when they derailed, and there were no injuries.
The first north bound train left Penn station just after 5 p.m.
Amtrak says there will be some residual delays in service.
amtrak, new haven, train accident, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos