Northern Suburbs News
Amtrak trains running again after derailment
NEW HAVEN -- Amtrak trains are running again between Manhattan and Boston after a derailment halted service for most of the day.
A freight train derailed near New Haven Sunday morning, blocking the tracks. The cars were empty when they derailed, and there were no injuries.
The first north bound train left Penn station just after 5 p.m.
Amtrak says there will be some residual delays in service.
amtrak, new haven, train accident, northern suburbs news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 44 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 44 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 15 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital