Northern Suburbs News
Assemblyman who voted against legalizing marijuana busted with pot
ALBANY (WABC) -- New York state police say they've charged a Hudson Valley assemblyman with marijuana possession following a traffic stop for speeding on the Thruway.
Troopers say 59-year-old Stephen Katz of Mohegan Lake was stopped about 10 a.m. Tuesday in Coeymans south of Albany for driving 80 mph on the highway with a 65 mph speed limit.
They say he had less than 25 grams of marijuana and was given an appearance ticket for the violation.
He's due in Coeymans Town Court on March 28.
Calls to the Assembly offices of the Republican and Conservative, a veterinarian first elected in 2010, were not initially returned Friday.
Katz voted against the legalization of medical marijuana during a vote last June. It passed 91-52, with most Republicans voting against it.
marijuana, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 3 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 4 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
18 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos