Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North train kills person on tracks in Darien
DARIEN, Conn. -- Metro-North officials are investigating the death of a person struck by a New Haven Line train near the Noroton Heights stop in Darien.
Officials say the Manhattan-bound train hit the person Monday morning. The investigation is causing delays of up to 10 minutes on westbound and eastbound trains.
Metro-North police are trying to determine the person's identity and why the person was on the tracks.
Officials say eastbound trains won't be stopping at the Noroton Heights, Darien or Rowayton stops. Riders can take an eastbound train to South Norwalk and transfer to a westbound train to get to those three stations.
Commuters at the three affected stations can take a westbound train to Stamford and transfer to an eastbound train for locations east of Darien.
darien, accident, train accident, metro north, northern suburbs news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers