Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North train kills person on tracks in Darien
DARIEN, Conn. -- Metro-North officials are investigating the death of a person struck by a New Haven Line train near the Noroton Heights stop in Darien.
Officials say the Manhattan-bound train hit the person Monday morning. The investigation is causing delays of up to 10 minutes on westbound and eastbound trains.
Metro-North police are trying to determine the person's identity and why the person was on the tracks.
Officials say eastbound trains won't be stopping at the Noroton Heights, Darien or Rowayton stops. Riders can take an eastbound train to South Norwalk and transfer to a westbound train to get to those three stations.
Commuters at the three affected stations can take a westbound train to Stamford and transfer to an eastbound train for locations east of Darien.
darien, accident, train accident, metro north, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC 37 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes 31 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV