Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North train kills person on tracks in Darien
DARIEN, Conn. -- Metro-North officials are investigating the death of a person struck by a New Haven Line train near the Noroton Heights stop in Darien.
Officials say the Manhattan-bound train hit the person Monday morning. The investigation is causing delays of up to 10 minutes on westbound and eastbound trains.
Metro-North police are trying to determine the person's identity and why the person was on the tracks.
Officials say eastbound trains won't be stopping at the Noroton Heights, Darien or Rowayton stops. Riders can take an eastbound train to South Norwalk and transfer to a westbound train to get to those three stations.
Commuters at the three affected stations can take a westbound train to Stamford and transfer to an eastbound train for locations east of Darien.
darien, accident, train accident, metro north, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 6 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 1 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos